Wednesday, November 7, 2012

{just losing the junk}

I'm down 23 pounds, and I share that because I feel pretty certain no one on earth knows this blog exists.  I've been cutting carbs, using Pinterest to search out all the funny concoctions fellow low-carbers are making to replicate our favorite starches.  It's been quite a journey; that's for sure.  Finding loaded cauliflower (the substitute for baked potatoes) and breadless pancakes that boggle my mind.

Honestly, I feel really good about the diet.  It seems the Internet is convincing me of how right I am to forego processed food for my health, while *just happening* to make me slimmer.  I did Weight Watchers years ago and absolutely loved budgeting my points all day so that I could make an entire dinner out of Breyers Icecream.  Making homemade crackers out of flax seed definitely feels healthier.

And it's working.  23 lbs. is none too shabby!  Truth be told I have a good 20 more to lose.  It's great though to discard the fat pants I've been wearing and dig through older, smaller clothes that have been packed away in the attic.  It's exciting and gratifying.  Thankfully, I don't want to celebrate with food!  Momentum is definitely my friend in losing weight.

I was at the grocery store yesterday and grabbed two bags of dog food.  After a quick check, I was carrying two 18 lb. bags!  It is hard to believe I've already lost a whole bag of dog food in weight and am well on my way for the second one.  Wild.

Is this boring?  {thank goodness no one is reading!  whew!}

SO.  I have 2 weeks until Thanksgiving.  7 more pounds to top off at an even 30, seems like a realistic goal, don't you think?  Then a lovely carby holiday and back on track the next day to recover from my long-lost love of mac and cheese.  

I wont lie that most of my weight is stress-eating.  Losing weight makes me feel like I'm going back in time -- taking off the stress in layers, and heading back to an earlier me.  It's a strange thing to admit, but I feel like I'm erasing layers of residue from all the bad trials and crazy hardships that we've faced over the last decade.  It's not real, of course.  I'm not going back in time, and I wouldn't want to.  But I feel like I'm shaking off the bad and keeping the lessons God has been teaching me -- keeping the memories, the heartaches, the experiences, and the growth.  {just losing the junk}

No comments:

Post a Comment